Here are some tips and suggestions to maximize your battery's performance and prolong it's life.
1. Charge battery for 10-20 hours to before use. Please refer to your user's manual for charging instructions. Rechargeable batteries should be cycled - fully charged and then fully discharged - 2 to 4 times initially to allow them to reach their full capacity.
2. New batteries are hard for your notebook to charge as they have never been fully charged before. Sometimes your notebook's charger will stop charging a new battery before it is fully charged. If this occurs, remove the battery from your notebook and then place it back in. This may happen several times during your first battery charge. This is perfectly normal.
3. To prolong battery life, please either remove the battery when it has been depleted or promptly recharge the battery if possible.
4. If the battery will not be used for a month or longer, it is recommended that the battery be removed from the notebook and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
5. Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the battery.
6. Do not drop, hit or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
7. Do not expose the battery to moisture or rain.
8. Do not leave your battery plugged in for long periods of time when fully charged. We recommend depleting the battery at least once every two weeks. This will prolong battery life.
9. Battery charging is more efficient at cooler temperatures. The optimal ambient temperature during charge is 50°F (10°C) to 86°F (30°C). If the ambient temperature rises above 95°F (35°C) the charge efficiency may be significantly reduced, and therefore result in a lower charged battery capacity.
10. If a charger is being used, always remember to disconnect the battery from the charger after the specified charge time (approximately 14 hours on a fully discharged battery). Failure to do this may result in a reduction of battery life.
11. It is recommended that a battery, which is warm to the touch after charging or discharging, be allowed to cool before use. This will prolong battery life.
12. Always charge a battery in a well-ventilated area.
13. Always fully charge your battery before its first use. Batteries are shipped partially charged and must be fully charged to achieve the proper run-time. Follow the charge-cycle instructions above to reach the full cell capacity.
14. Do not expose your battery to extreme heat.
15. Do not dispose of your previous battery in the trash. locate a battery recycle facility, they will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly fashion.
16. Please note, your battery can become hot while charging.
NotebookBattery.com is your source for quality laptop and notebook accessories. We only deal with high quality new
products, and back them up with a full 1 year warranty, if they ever fail within the warranty period.